Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: Too Faced Melted Kisses Lipstick Set

Hi Ladies! 
Today I'm going to review Too Faced's Melted Kisses holiday lipstick set. I was going to put this on my Christmas list however, I couldn't resist the temptation when beauty blogger Brigette Ramos was offering her Sephora family and friends discount!

Too Faced Melted Kisses Lipstick Set $25.00 at Ulta
I am such a huge fan of the Melted lipsticks. I already own two which you can see my review on HERE. I was hesitant to get this set because I wasn't sure how the lighter colored lipsticks would look on me. After some deliberation, I decided to get the set, try out the colors, and return it for a full sized one if I didn't like MOST of the colors. The set comes with 4 colors; Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuchsia, and Melted Berry. The Melted Berry was the shade that I wanted the most. These are deluxe sized lipsticks. A normal sized Melted lipstick is 12mL and these are 5mL. They area  little less than half the amount of product. I am ok with that because I NEVER use up a whole tube of anything and I get to try out 4 colors instead of 1. A full sized Melted costs $21.00.

Melted Nude
I was curious about this shade but also nervous that I wouldn't like how it looked on me since I am not a fan of most nudes. I was pleasantly surprised once I put this one. I think this is the only nude that I can say that I REALLY LIKE. It isn't super brown or light. I think it looks really nice and I will definitely be getting use of this color.

Melted Peony
This was another shade that I was nervous about because I tried Melted Marshmallow and it looks HORRIBLE on me. Melted Peony is more of a light/neutral pink. I also really liked this color. It kind of reminds me of my MAC lipstick in Creme Cup.

 Melted Fuchsia
This shade was the most disappointing to me. Melted Fuchsia is a bright pink/purple with blue tones to it. It applied very watery and was really hard to make a straight and clean line. I also has a little bit of an issue with bleeding which I think is due to the fact that it was kind of watery. I still think the color is pretty. Maybe I just need to shake up the product a bit. This color is more of a spring/summer shade to me. I probably won't wear this that often this season however it will get used in the spring and summer months.

Melted Berry
This was the shade that I was excited about the most. It is a nice pink/berry color. I also had a hard time getting a clean line with this shade. I think the darker colors are like that in general. I think I am going to try to use a lip liner with these next time. Regardless of getting a clean line, I love this shade for the fall. It is so pretty.

Overall, all the colors were creamy and super pigmented. The only color that I had an issue with was Fuchsia. They all have excellent wear time. You do have to check your teeth now and then as they do tend to transfer onto your teeth. I actually ended up loving the light shades the most as I think they are more low maintenance from the darker shades. I think this is a great set for anyone that wants to try out more than of shade of the Melted lipsticks. It is well worth the $25.00!

Have you tried any of the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks? What is your favorite shade? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...