Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Review: ColourPop Cosmetics Beach,Please Quad plus I Heart This and Cheeky

Hi Ladies! 
Today I want to share with you a new and exciting cosmetic company, ColourPop Cosmetics! I came across them on Instagram a couple months ago and have been in love ever since! I believe that ColourPop just started doing business this year. ColourPop is known for their edgy, super pigmented, and unique shadows. I love ColourPop's young, fun, and rebellious attitude. Two fun facts about the company is that they are CRUELTY FREE and MADE IN THE US! Also, their shadows are only $5.00 each! They recently started coming out with special edition quads and limited edition colors. Below I will be reviewing their "Beach Please" Quad along with two of their single shadows, I Heart This and Cheeky.
Before I discuss the products, let me first talk about the awesome packaging and amazing customer service. The colors are eye catching, trendy, and fun. I also love that they took the time to HAND WRITE a personal note thanking me for my order. I have never been sent a note taking me for my order, never mine a hand written one. This made me feel very special. Also, ColorPop is all about joking around and having a sense of humor which is awesome. Lastly, they have great customer service with a very responsive team. 


Cheeky is a mid-toned candy coral pink with duo-chrome satin finish. It still has some glitter to it but not nearly as much as other colors. I have been using this as a crease color. 


I <3 This is cool-toned silver-taupe with multicolored glitter. I like to use this all over my lid for a quick and easy look. It is super glittery so pairing this with a matte or less glittery shade would balance it out.

Chipper
Chipper is a mid-tone minty green eyeshadow with multicolored glitter. It is my favorite color of the bunch. This shadow is the most pigmented and isn't as glittery as others.

Summer Lovin
Summer Lovin is a  pinky bronze with soft gold and silver sparkled highlights. It is very pretty and unique color. This is a great crease color.

3
3 is a cool-toned starlit bronze with a flash of silvery and multicolored glitter. This isn't as dark as it looks in the pot. It is more of a medium brown on the lids than a dark brown like it looks.

Lovely
Lovely is a soft light gold with shimmering flecks of multi- dimensional glitter. It is a great highlight for the inner corners of your eyes. It also looks really pretty on the lids. This is also one of the more glittery shadows.

Here are swatches of each shadow:
L-R: I <3 This, Chipper, Lovely, Summer Lovin, 3, and Cheeky

Most of these shadows are very glittery and/or shimmer. If you don't like glitter, these might not be for you...but you should still try one out to find out! These shadows are a very unique texture. They almost feel wet. They are super soft so pressing too hard will leave an indent in the product. These are the most pigmented when using your fingers to apply. When applying color to the crease, I first used my finger (to get a good amount of color) then blended with a brush. I haven't tried these products wet yet. One last tip, make sure to close these covers tight to avoid the product from drying out.

Here is one look that I created with the Beach, Please Quad:
Crease: Summer Lovin
Lid: Chipper
Inner Corner: Lovely
Lower Lashline: 3

Here is another look that I created with the Beach, Please Quad. It was inspired from Coffee Break with Dani's Tutorial which you can see HERE:
 Lid: 3
Crease: Summer Lovin
Inner Corner: Lovely
Lower Lash Liner: Chipper

Here is a look that I created with Cheeky and I <3 This:
Crease: Cheeky
Lid: I <3 This

Overall, I was thrilled with all of these shadows. My favorites were Chipper, Summer Lovin, and I <3 This. I think that the quality of these shadows are amazing and you can't beat the pricing. There are so many different colors to choose from and they are continually coming out with more.  I was so impressed by the company in general and would recommend them to anyone. I already have a wishlist for more shadows that I want to purchase!

ColourPop offers free shipping on orders of $30.00 or more.

To learn more about ColourPop Cosmetics and check out their shadows, you can visit their webite: www.colourpop.com

You can also connect with them on social media to keep up to date with special offers and new products:

Twitter-@ColourPopCo
Pinterest-ColourPopCo

Have you tried any ColourPop eyeshadows? If so, which ones? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...