Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Closet Confidential Tag

Hi Ladies!
Nelly from Life's Showroom asked me if I was interested in doing the fashion related tag called "Closet Confidential".  After checking out her post, I thought it looked like  fun and agreed!

1. What is the oldest item in your closet? American Eagle Jeans and/or my very first Coach purse from 2006-2007 

I believe I got both of these while I was working at Macy's while I was in college. Both are in pretty good shape considering they are about 7-8 years old. I keep my Coach purse in one of the protective cleaning bags it comes with. I barley ever wear the jeans as they are worn out and a bit too tight.

2. What is the newest item? 
I am subscribed to a personal styling service called Stitch Fix. I get "fixes" every other month. These are the newest items that I have recieved. A 41 Hawthorne Tab Sleeved Blouse and a Tart Striped Raglan Sweatshirt.  To learn more about Stitch Fix, you can check out my review on my Subscription Reviews tab on the top of my blog.

3. What is the most expensive item? If I had my old Ed Hardy shirts in my closet I would have to say it would be one of those since I paid about $125.00 for one of them (I know, I am crazy!). Since those are packed away in storage bins, I would say that one of my Coach bags are the most expensive items in my closet. I never paid full price for any of them since I got them at the Coach outlets. Most of them were about $250.00-$350.00+ but the most that I paid for one was around $150.00.

Both of these were around $150.00 at the Coach Outlets.

4. What's the biggest bang for your buck?
I would have to say my Coach purses again. Since I get them at the outlets, they are significantly less money than they are at retail stores. I usually get them marked down 50% and sometimes even an additional 20 or 30%. I think the cheapest one that I got was about $75-$85.00.

 I believe this is the one that I paid around $80.00 for.

5. What was the biggest bargain? Chinese Slippers

Because I hate the feeling of regular flip flops/thong sandals, Chinese slippers are the next best thing in the summer. I originally came across these in Florida back in 2006. Shortly after, they became very popular around here and I could get them at many different stores. For $2.00 a pair, I have every color. They are harder to get now that they aren't popular anymore but you can purchase them online for a bit more than I used to spend. Luckily, I purchased them in bulk and still have a few unopened pairs. They only last one summer but I don't mind because they are so cheap.



6. What's an item in your closet that everyone hates, but you love? I don't think I have any clothes that people have told me that they hated? If I had to pick one thing people might not like that I love it may be the Chinese Slippers again. Some people think that are out of style, ugly, or cheap but I love them.


7. What was the biggest waste of money? 2 Pairs of Redrock Express Jeans 


About 4 years ago I purchased 2 pairs of Express jeans that were around $60 and $80 dollars. I loved the look of them and everything would have been fine if I purchased the correct size. I got a size 8 when I really got a size 6. The 6's were a bit snug so I went with the next size up. I tried them on quickly and they seemed to fit. However, after wearing them for more than 20 minutes, I quickly realized that the waist was wayyy to big for me. It stretched out alot. I can only wear them with a belt now but rarely even wear them because I get a bulge in the crotch area haha. I couldn't return them because I threw away the receipt and tags and even tried to shrink them in the dryer. I refuse to throw them away or give them away because I spent so much on them. I only made this mistake once.


8. Show us your three favorite items right now!


Mossimo Jean Vest from Target
I am really into wearing this vest this summer. I wanted one for the longest time and finally got one. I wear it often with maxi dresses and skirts. It is a piece that will probably go in and out of style forever.

Merona Maxi Dress from Target
I was iffy when I grabbed this dress to try on at Target. Once I put it on, I fell it love. I really like that it has pockets and the dress itself is very comfortable. I love the colors and the little rope belt that it comes with.

Statement Necklace from Forever21

This is my favorite statement necklace that I own. I paid about $15.00 for this but it looks much more expensive. I always get compliments on this necklace when I wear it. Its very easy to dress this down or up. I have worn it with jeans and casual maxi dress and have also worn it with a fancier dress to a wedding.

I thought that this tag was a little challenging. I hate to say it but I have so much clothes that I don't even remember when I got some of them.

Now is your turn to show us your Closet Confidential Tag!

I tag anyone who is interested in doing this! Make sure that you send me a link to your post!


What is your oldest item in your closet? Post your comments below!


-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...