Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag July 2014

Hi Ladies!
My Ipsy bag came kind of late this month but I got it just in time to review it before my vacation. Anyways, the theme for July was "Sensationally Sunkissed". The bag was hot pink and kind of reminded me of a ravioli. The fabric seems like it might be waterproof or water resistant and could be cleaned off easily. I don't want to sound bratty but I really just wasn't feeling this months bag. Keep reading and you will find out what I got!
bareMinerals 5-in-1 Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow in Divine Wine
I was kind of bummed when I saw that other people got the eyeshadow duos. I would have preferred to get one of those. I figured that atleast I would be able to use this cream shadow as a base or something. When I saw this sample in person I was like really? Its SUPER small. I don't know how Ipsy (or bareMinerals who I'm sure provided the product) would send a mini duo shadow to some people and then send these small dinky little things to other people. I would say this sample isn't that much bigger (length wise) than a little perfume sample. The color itself is kind of a dark grayish brown. I wouldn't normally wear this color on my lid but I will give it a try. The full size product  is  3 ml and retails for $18. The sample is 1 ml and retails for about $6.00.

Clear Clinic Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot Treatment 
I think I need to look at my Ipsy quiz again because this is the second acne spot treatment I have recieved. The first one didn't work at all so I wasn't really thrilled to get this one. I break out every now and then so I guess I will try it out and see if it works. This is another small sample but you don't need that much since its a spot treatment. The full size product is 7.5 ml and retails for $35.00. The sample is 2 ml which puts it at about $9.34.

Elizabeth Mott Tints and Sass in Cherry
This was the product I was most excited about this month. It is actually a full size product and retails for $22.99. I don't have any lip/cheek tints so I am interested in seeing how this works and if I like it. It felt a little sticky on the lips when applied but leaves a pinkish tint. I do like it as a blush but you have to blend it quickly or it will only leave color in the initial area (which happened to me).

Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08
I haven't used tanning oils since high school so it was funny to see this in my bag. I'm used to love them but always hated how greasy and oily you feel after using them. This is a deluxe sample.  I will most likely try this out the next time I go to the beach. The full size product is 8 oz and retails for $11.99. This sample is 1 oz which puts it at about $1.50.

Nailtini Straight Up Nail Color in Mango Rita
I was definitely not excited to see this in my bag. I rarley paint my nails and have enough nail polish. I have recieved 3 nail polishes in my bag thus far and even told them not to send me nail polishes on the product reviews. I also am not a fan of the color. I will probably add this to products for giveaways. This is a full size nail polish that retails for $13.00.


The bag itself isn't bad. I liked last month's bag better but this one seems like its a bit heavier material and could be cleaned easily.

Overall, I wasn't happy with this month's bag. I got items I have asked them not to send me and got really small samples of some of the items. My first Ipsy bag was mostly all full sized products so I don't know whats going on here. I still think the bag is worth the $10.00 a month. My items totaled to about $52.83 so its still a great deal, but I think they need go back to sending more full sized products.


Are you interested in learning more about Ipsy or signing up? Click my referral link HERE.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? What did you get in your Ipsy bag? Post your comments below.

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...