Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review: Stitch Fix-Fix #8

Hi Ladies,
Today I am going to share with you my most recent "fix" that I recieved from Stitch Fix. For those of you unfamiliar with Stitch Fix, it is a personal styling subscription service. You can learn more about Stitch Fix and see my previous fixes on my Subscription Reviews page. I am going on vacation to Mexico next month so I asked Jenni (my stylist) to send me some pieces that I could wear there but also ones that I could also wear to work afterwards. 

Here are the items that I recieved:
$28.00
 I wasn't crazy about this top when I pulled it out of the box. After trying it on I didn't really like it that much in general. The design on the shirt is okay, but I didn't like the material and the top itself was a little big. The material was like a loose woven material. It felt like it would stretch out a lot throughout the day. I sent this item back.

$44.00
 I really liked this shirt. I love the colors and style of this shirt. It was a bit tight on my boob area which was weird since I usually have the opposite problem. I thought that the price was a little expensive for a tank top but got it anyways since I had a gift card.

$44.00
 I thought this shirt looked huge when I took it out of the box and I didn't know how I felt about the style. When I tried it on, I decided that I liked it. It is unique and I feel like it looks nice with the dress pants that I had on. I decided to keep this.

$38.00
 Once I put this shirt on, I fell in love with the lace detail. It gives the blouse a bit of sexiness and edge. I also like the sweetheart neckline. I love that I can wear this under a cardigan in the colder months. I decided to keep this.


$58.00
I wasn't really excited or disappointed when I saw this item. It is kind of plain which is a good thing since I could wear it with a bunch of different things. The issue was that it was too long for me and way too expensive in my opinion. I have skirts that I purchased from Target for $17.99 and they feel like a better material. I decided to return this.

I had $108.40 in credits from referrals, a gift card from my birthday, and a customer service credit. The total of the 3 items that I kept came to $126.00. After all the credits, I paid  $17.60 out of pocket. Not too shabby..

Overall, this wasn't my favorite fix but wasn't my worst either. I really love that Stitch Fix sends styling cards along with each item. It shows you how to dress up and down each item that you receive. I did get some really nice functional pieces that I can wear on the weekends and to work. However, I was hoping for a cute dress or romper for my trip. My stylist said that there were no dresses available in my price range ($50.00 or less) this month. I do think that Stitch Fix needs to broaden their horizons in terms of pricing. I understand that their distributors/vendors carry boutique items which are not super inexpensive.  However, to gain a larger range of customers, they will need to offer lower priced items. They do currently offer some items in the $30-$40.00 range, but I think they need to offer even more. They should also consider carrying items in the $20.00-$25.00 price range as well. Since getting fixes has become pretty expensive (I usually end up buying at least 3 pieces each month), I have decided to get fixes every other month instead. 


Are you interested in learning more about Stitch Fix or signing up for your first fix? Click my referral link HERE!

What are your favorite pieces from above? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...