Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review: Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

Hi Ladies,
Today I am going to do a quick review of the Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. I purchased this a few months ago but wanted to use up the whole product before giving my opinions on the product. I was very hesitant to purchase this moisturizer because it was $65.00 (FOR 1.7 oz) which is the most expensive moisturizer that I have ever purchased. I heard good things about this brand so I decided to try it out.  






Here is what is said on the Sephora site about the Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer:

"What it is:
An antiaging hydrator for combination and oily skin.

What it is formulated to do:
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer tones and hydrates the skin while minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The effects are both immediate and lasting—skin appears tightened and refined. A unique blend of ingredients helps to absorb excess oil, so you are left with a flawless, flaunt-worthy complexion.

What else you need to know:
This advanced formula is infused with rich sea plant extracts that deliver collagen bolstering amino acids. It is a skin-perfecting must-have that is ideal for oily skin and gentle enough for sensitive skin."


http://www.sephora.com/oil-free-moisturizer-P232906?skuId=1167196

This is more of a light weight moisturizer. The smell reminds me of unflavored Greek Yogurt which may be unpleasant to some people. It didn't really bother me. It soaked up right into my skin and I absolutely LOVED the pump. It is very cool. I like that you didn't have to put your fingers into the product over and over. You just take off the cap, then put the top of the jar and a decent amount of product comes out of the hole in the middle. I usually had to use two pumps of product. This was the best part of this product in my opinion. I think that all products should have this kind of top. One thing that I did not like was that I didn't know when I was going to run out of the product. The jar is frosted and there is a white plastic container on the inside. So, you can't see on the outside out much product is left. Because there is a cover over the top you can't see how much is left on when you take off the cap either. So, this lovely pump kind of has its negatives too.

Here is a picture of the top:

Overall, I liked this product but I will not be repurchasing. Mainly because of the price. $65.00 is kind of expensive in my opinion. I didn't see a difference in my skin. I am trying out the Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil Free Energizing Oxygen Gel Cream Moisturizer next. If I don't like this, I'm going back to my Estee Lauder Daywear!

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts on it? What is your favorite moisturizer for combination/oily skin? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...