Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review: The Balm Nude'tude Palette and Hot Mama Blush

Hi Ladies!

After waiting almost a month for my theBalm products, I finally got them! I ordered these products on Hautelook for 50% off (I think). Before I talk about the products, I want to share my experience with ordering with Hautelook.

 I was not happy with how long these products took to ship. What made me so mad is the fact that I ordered these on March 7th and was charged for them on March 10th. I didn't get them until mid April. The customer service reps that I spoke with on several occasions could not give me a ship date. They did credit my shipping and gave me a $10.00 credit towards my account.  I did appreciate that since this was not a good first experience with purchasing from Hautelook. After continually being told that my items would ship any day now (and they didn't), I asked to speak to a manager. After being in contact with a manager, my experience was more pleasant. She called me and updated me a couple times which made me feel a little better about the situation. I am a bit nervous about ordering with them again but I may give them one more try since this was a fantastic deal.

On to the products....

Nude'tude Palette

These shadows are mainly shimmers and glitters with a few matte shadows. The colors are neutral/basic colors that range from pink/peach to browns, taupe, burgundy, and black. The shadows are very creamy and pigmented and blend very nicely. You can easily create a full eye look with these colors. You can create very natural looks to very dramatic ones.

Here are swatches of the shadows:
L-R: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious, Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly, and Sleek

Hot Mama Blush

This blush is so gorgeous! Its creamy and blends so nicely. Its super pigmented. It is a coral/pink with almost a gold sheen to it. This color can be worn with a ton of different eye looks. 

Here are some looks that I created using the Nude'tude palette and the Hot Mama Blush. I also used the Balm's Meet Matte Nude to compliment the Nude'tude palette in some of these looks.
Lids-Stand-offish 
Transition Color-Sultry 
Crease-Seductive
Brow Highlight-Birch 
Inner corner of Eyes-Stand-offish  
Lower Lash Line- Sultry and Seductive  
Waterline-Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner in Nude  
Upper Lashline-Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper 
Shadow Base-Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden  
Cheeks-The Balm Hot Mama Blush 
Face Highlight-Physician's Formula Glow Pearls in Beige Pearl  
Brows-Too Faced Bulletproof Brows in Universal Brunette, Mia BelleZZA The Ultimate Eye Pencil in Medium Brown, and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel 
Lashes-Rimmel Scandaleyes Flex Mascara  
Face Primer-Nyx Pore Filler  
Foundation-bareMinerals Loose Powder Foundation in Medium Beige 
Contour- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer  
Concealer-Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige and Yellow and Nyx Dark Circle Concealer in Light  Lips-Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in #17 Rose


Lids-Stubborn and Standoffish
Crease-Selfish 
Outer V- Row 2 4th shadow in on the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
Brow Highlight-Birch (Motives Mavens Element Palette) 
Inner corner of Eyes-Stand-offish and Row 1 4th shadow in on the MUA Heave and Earth Palette
Lower Lash Line- Selfish and Row 2 4th shadow in on the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
Waterline-Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner in Nude 
Upper Lashline-Nyx My Super Fat Eye Marker
Shadow Base-Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Cheeks-Blush shade in the Sleek Makeup Face Form Contour Kit
Face Highlight-Highlight shade in the Sleek Makeup Face Form Contour Kit
Brows-Anastasia Dipbrow in Auburn and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel 
Lashes-Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara 
Face Primer-Nyx Pore Filler 
Foundation-Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Light Beige and Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation in Soft Beige
Contour- Contour/bronzer shade in the Sleek Makeup Face Form Contour Kit
Concealer-Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige and Yellow and Nyx Dark Circle Concealer in Light 
Lips-Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Lychee



Eyeshadow-The Balm Nude'tude and Meet Matt(e) Nude
Lids-Seductive (Nude'tude)
Transition Color-Matt Garcia (Meet Matt(e))
Crease-Matte Rosen (Meet Matt(e))
Brow Highlight-Matt Malloy (Meet Matt(e))
Inner corner of Eyes- Stand-Offish (Nude'tude)
Outer V-Silly (Nude'tude)
Lower Lash Line-Matte Rosen (Meet Matt(e)), Seductive (Nude'tude), and Silly (Nude'tude)
Shadow Base-Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Cheeks-The Balm Hot Mama
Face Highlight-Physicians Formula Glow Pearls in Beige Pearl
Brows-Anastasia Dipbrow in Auburn and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel 
Lashes-Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara 
Face Primer-Nyx Pore Filler 
Foundation-bareMinerals Loose Powder Foundation in Medium Beige and Original Mineral Veil
Contour- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
Concealer-Nyx HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige and Yellow and Nyx Dark Circle Concealer in Light 
Lips-Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Rose

I really enjoyed this palette and blush. The quality is great and the prices are reasonable. If I had to pay full price for these products, I would have still purchased them. I recently found out that theBalm products are now sold at Kohls. I believe Kohls coupons will work on these products too.

Stay tuned for my review of Meet Matte Nude!

Do you own any theBalm products? What are your favorites? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...