Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review: Lush Mask of Magnaminty and Popcorn Lip Scrub

Hi Ladies!
Today I am going to review for you my very first Lush Mask. Cella Paz from Never Not Glamorous recommended this product to me when I didn't have luck with the Glam Glow Mud Mask. The Mask of Magnaminty is both a face and back mask. It comes in two sizes 4.4 oz for $12.95 and 11.1 oz for $24.95. I got the smaller size since it is a decent amount and will last me a while. 


Ingredients:
Bentonite Gel , Kaolin , Honey (Mel) , Talc , Ground Aduki Beans (Phaseolus) , Glycerine , Evening Primrose Seeds (Oenothera biennis) , Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) , African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , Perfume ,Chlorophyll , Methylparaben

Here is what is said about the mask on the Lush site:
"Mask of Magnaminty isn’t technically a daily ‘facial wash’; it’s actually a deep cleansing face and back mask. China clay and fresh peppermint reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you that delightful tingly-clean sensation. We add loads of aduki beans to exfoliate flaky or dry skin, vanilla absolute to calm redness and honey to soothe. Our inventors created Mask of Magnaminty to be the ‘ultimate face mask’, intense but not harsh or abrasive on the skin. We recommend using Mask of Magnaminty weekly to keep the skin in good condition."

On to my thoughts...
I look cute huh?

I really like the minty smell of this mask. It was a bit hard to spread on my face as it was very thick and gritty. But it dried fairly quickly. I wasn't a fan of the beans or whatever the pieces are in this mask but I loved how clean it made my face feel after using it. It is a bit messy when washing it off as the little things in the mask get all in the sink. However, that really wasn't a big deal to me. Overall, I do like this mask and would probably repurchase again. I want to try other Lush products so I probably won't repurchase this right away. Do I love this more than my Freeman Beautiful Avocado and Oatmeal Mask? No, but I do like being able to use different masks and have options. One thing that I do love about Lush is that they have fresh, hand made ingredients, are eco friendly, and are cruelty free. The cruelty free is a big one for me. Not every product that I own is cruelty free, but the ones that are, I like a little bit more.

Popcorn Lip Scrub

"Indulge in the sweet-and-salty taste of this delectable lip scrub. Sugar and fine sea salt exfoliate away dry skin while jojoba and coconut oils restore essential hydration to the lips for a smooth, softened pout. Use Popcorn on its own for a luxurious (and delicious!) lip treatment, or before applying your favorite lip color for perfectly soft, kissable lips. Just try not to eat it straight from the pot!"

 It took me a while to decide which lip scrub to go with, but I ended up with the Popcorn Lip Scrub. This lip scrub is $9.95 for 0.8 oz. There is a decent amount of product in the pot. I really smells like kettle corn popcorn! I liked this scrub but I didn't love it. I have only tried one other lip scrub which was the Mary Kay Soft Lips. I do feel that the Soft Lips Scrub worked better than this one. I didn't use this religiously so, that could be why I feel that it only softened your lips right after using it. I will admit that I did sometimes just use this so that I could lick off the access sugar and eat it lol. It tastes really good. I probably would not repurchase this scrub mainly because I want to try out other ones.

Have you tried this mask or lip scrub? What are your thoughts? What Lush products do you recommend? Post your comments below!

-Tanya xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...