Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review: Ipsy Glam Bag December 2013




Hi Ladies! 
I FINALLY received my first Ipsy Glam Bag! I was SO excited when I was handed the metallic hot pink bubble package that came for me in the mail. For those of you not familiar with Ipsy, it is a monthly beauty subscription service.  For $10.00 a month you receive 4-5 deluxe or full size beauty products. You fill out a detailed profile so that they have a better idea of what type of products to send you. There are all kinds of fun contests and giveaways each month on IPSY and their Facebook page. There are also special offers by the featured brands of the month. For example, this month, Be a Bombshell is offering 40% off your order plus a free blush with purchase when you enter a special Ipsy code. This subscription service has received awesome reviews and blows Birch Box away. 



Time to discuss this month's products!


Salon Perfect Perfectly Natural Strip Lashes $2.98

I don't really use false lashes often, but since I got them in this bag I may wear them on Christmas Eve. They seem like they won't be that dramatic. They may blend in with my lashes.


Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin Hot $7.20?

Here are swatches of the colors:



When I first saw that we could get either the brown or gray trio, I was hoping that I would get the browns as I don't wear gray often. However, after watching a couple tutorials with these colors I was actually excited to try these colors out. I wear neutrals all the time so it will be fun to try something new. The shimmer white and gray are decent quality and are creamy. The darker gray isn't as creamy and I'm not sure if I am going to love this shade.


Mirabella Eye Blender Brush $ 27.00

I was really excited about getting this brush. The price alone makes this whole bag worth the ten dollars that I paid. I currently use the M.A.C. 224 Tapered Blending Brush but loved that I could try out this brush and see how I like it.  After using it, it blends pretty well. It is a little bit more flimsy than the 224 but seems to pretty much create the same effect. I may switch of between using the two brushes.


J. Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose $3.99

Here is a swatch:



I was pleasantly surprised by this lip pencil. It is very creamy and light and looks great. I don't wear red bright red lipstick that often but it will be a good color for the upcoming holidays. This lip pencil gives a great matte color and is very pigmented.


Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset $16.00

Here is a swatch:



I was the most excited about this product. Last month, Ipsy featured a Be a Bombshell lip crayon. I was really interested in this brand after seeing that. The only stick blush I have ever used before was an e.l.f. blush and I was not impressed. It did not blend well at all. This One Stick is so cream and blends effortlessly. The color sunset is a peachy color then goes very well with my skin color. As you see above, this stick costs $16.00 so once again, this bag is definitely a deal this month,


 Lastly, is this cute cosmetic bag that everything came in. I was SUPER excited to get this since I saw a sneak peek on Facebook. I LOVED the design of the bag. It is very edgy and glam. However, I was a little disappointed in the size of the bag. I expected it to be a little bit bigger. This is my first glam bag so I wasn't exactly sure of the bags. Either way, it is still really cute and I will definitely be using this!


Here is a pic of me wearing the J.Cat Big Lip Pencil and the Be a Bombshell One Stick on my cheeks.

So, to get to the verdict...I paid $10.00 for about $57.00 worth of products. I would DEFINITELY recommend these products as well as the Ipsy Subscription service.

Interested in seeing what Ipsy is all about? Click here!

What do you think is the best product in my Ipsy bag? Post your comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with us lovely! I really like the things you got! Mine is similar but instead of the brush, I got perfume. I totally understand what you mean about the size of the bag because I was the same way! I've been with Ipsy since May of this year hehe and all of the bags are about the same size as this one. The blush and lip crayon looks really good on you! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I'm so happy that you're an Ipster too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my review! I really like the blending brush. I feel like blending is so important so I was excited to see that in there. When it comes to the bag, I mean I'm sure I will find use for it but I literally carry like 30 lip glosses in my purse so I need something bigger lol. Its sick...I don't know why I feel the need to carry so many.haha I can't wait to get my next bag! Thanks so much! I really love the blush. I'm going to check out the felt tip eyeliners as I read they are really good and right now with the ipsy code they will be 40% off. Did you like the perfume you got?

      Delete
  2. Oh My! That red looks smashing on you!!! I am really trying to get more comfortable with bolder lip colors. I love the brush you received. Initially I wasn't thrilled with the One Stick and then I swatched it which totally changed my mind. I love this!!!! Try this with the ELF small stippling brush. It's a magical combination!! Lately I have really become a lash girl. I have found that I really enjoying wearing a winged liner if I have lashes on. Without lashes, a winged liner is like O.o on me. LOL. Great bag. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too kind! I am wearing bold lips more often. It def takes some getting used to. I loved this lip pencil! I felt like it went on super easy and I didn't have to touch up the line too much. Lashes are great if you are good at putting them on lol. :-) thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also got the blending brush, I was surprised when I saw the price of it! I use Sigma's E40 brush to blend everything, I will also be switching back and for between this one and Sigma's.

    You look beautiful, thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! Thanks you are sweet :) thanks for taking the time to read my review!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...